The 2nd Annual Frostival will take place January 27 and 28, 2017. Embrace the cool of winter all weekend long with outdoor competitions, family friendly events, live music and games. The event begins on Friday evening with an Opening Kick-off in downtown Fargo. Enjoy Horse drawn carriage rides, a hot cocoa competition, local brews and live music from Tripwire. The event is free and open to the public.
Play in the snow all day Saturday with outdoor competitions such as volleyball, kickball, golf and cardboard sled racing. Registration is currently open for competitions. We encourage everyone to register in advance as there are limited spots for most competitions. Registration information can be found at frostival.com. Competitions are located throughout the Fargo-Moorhead and West Fargo communities on Saturday, January 28th.
The Fargo Park District is hosting a handful of events during Frostival, they include:
- Cross Country Ski Race starting at 9:00 am at Edgewood Golf Course: Youth and adults are able to take part in classic style and skating style ski races. Lunch will be served in the Chalet after the races and participants will receive a free t-shirt.
- Cardboard Sled Race from 8:30 am-12:00 pm at Mickelson Park & Softball Fields: Build your own sled out of cardboard and see where it stacks up among the rest. There will be a sled race and a contest for the most creative sled. This event is great for the entire family. Registration starts at 8:30 am and the races with begin at 10:30 am sharp.
- Winter Rocks Skating from 2:00-4:00 pm at Downtown on Ice presented by Bank of the West: Enjoy hot cocoa, music, s’mores and ice skating in the heart of Downtown. There will be a warming house available.
- Winter Bird Festival from 11:00 am-3:00 pm at Forest River Park: The Fargo Park District is teaming up with Audubon Dakota to offer a fun, free, educational event where you’ll learn about birding and conservation activities. Free snacks and hot cocoa will be provided and a limited number of snowshoes are available for free rental.
- Frozen Fantasy Family Dance from 6:30-9:00 pm at the Avalon Events Center: Bring the whole family to dance the night away at the semi-formal dance affair. Tickets are only $5 per person and are available at the door; ages 2 & under are free. Enjoy an evening of music, dancing and refreshments. A professional photographer is available to take your family photos.
For more information regarding any of the above events, please visit www.FargoParks.com.
We had so much fun with the first Frostival, that we are bringing it back again and it is going to be bigger and better than ever… We look forward to having a winter weekend of outdoor fun in Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo.
-Charley Johnson, President/CEO, Fargo-Moorhead Convention & Visitors Bureau
Developed from a growing need to find ways to stay active and embrace the winter months, Frostival is a collaborative effort of the Fargo-Moorhead Convention and Visitors Bureau, Fargo Park District, Moorhead Parks and Recreation Department, West Fargo Park District, Downtown Community Partnership, Greater Fargo Moorhead Economic and Development Corporation and the Chamber.