The Fargo Park District is re-opening the John E. Carlson Coliseum and having a celebration this Friday, November 3 from 2:00-6:00 pm. The Coliseum recently completed an extensive renovation, elevating the 49-year-old arena to a state of the art facility. The new Coliseum now boasts a regulation rink (85 ft. by 200 ft.), 7 locker rooms, training room, referees room, seating for five hundred and full Wi-Fi access in the facility. As part of the celebration, you are invited to enjoy a Zamboni race, tours of the new and improved arena, a ribbon cutting with the Chamber, a public social and open skate on the new ice.
Interested in driving a Zamboni?
Check “driving a zamboni” off your bucket list! To do so, all you need to do is donate $250 to the Fargo Park District Foundation. To donate and register for your Zamboni drive, visit FargoParks.com and click on the Registration tab located in the top menu. Registration is now open!
For more information or if you any questions on how to register to drive a Zamboni, please call Shawn Ludwig at 701-499-6091.
Want your own YETI?
The Fargo Park District will also be selling raffle tickets onsite with the proceeds benefiting United Way. Purchase a raffle ticket for $10 each or 3 tickets for $25. By doing so, you will be entered for a chance to win a 65 Quart Yeti Cooler valued at $400, along with other great prizes.
The winner will be chosen on Friday, November 3 and need not be present to win.
Please see the following for the event program:
- 2:00 pm – Doors open to the public and registration for driving a Zamboni is available (by donation only.
- 2:30 pm – WDAY’s Jay Thomas takes on Executive Director Joel Vettel in a Zamboni Race.
- 3:30 pm – Ribbon cutting on the ice with the Chamber and captains from the Fargo High Schools Boys and Girls Hockey Teams.
- 4:00 pm – Registered donors receive their chance to drive a Zamboni and the Social begins (south end of the lobby). Social features Refreshments and hor d’oeuvres provided by Josie’s Corner Café as well as Red River Coffee Treats and Boutique.
- 6:00 pm – Free open skate for the public on the new ice is available and the Social concludes.
- 8:00 pm – Open Skate comes to an end and closes the event.