Explore all that the Red River has to offer the community at the Fargo Park District’s new Safety on the Red event. Bring your family, friends and a canoe to Lindenwood Park anytime between 2:30 and 6:00 pm on Friday, June 1 to learn about safety and recreation on the river.
During Safety on the Red, you, friends and family can partake in the following activities:
- Fargo Moorhead River Keepers will give an overview of all the ways you can have fun on the Red River and help you learn how a life jacket should fit.
- Listen to an in-depth presentation by the Historical and Cultural Society of Clay County on the history of recreation on the Red River.
- The Sheriff’s department will demonstrate airboat in action.
- Nature of the North will teach the basics of kayaking, canoeing and paddle boarding, offer a scavenger hunt for kids and lead a group paddle float.
- Kids can also have fun making a craft and make-your-own bug spray.
Events will be happening throughout the day, so feel free to stay for as little or long as you like. Equipment not provided, the community is welcome to bring their own. Safety on the Red is free of charge and open to the public. For more information, visit FargoParks.com or contact the Fargo Park District at 701-499-6060.